Who else is excited about the up coming Super Bowl? Even though my team didn't make it this year, I'm still looking forward to the great Super Bowl parties and celebrating football with food and friends!
- Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
The new Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes are the perfect way to spice up main dishes and snacking recipes. The majority of Del Monte products are picked at the peak of ripeness and canned on the same day, to ensure nutrients and flavor are locked in. Del Monte canned tomatoes, fruits and vegetables contain the same essential nutrients as fresh varieties.
To inspire kitchen creativity Del Monte recently launched the “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes,” on Pinterest which will give you a chance to share entertaining tips and recipes, featuring the new Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut® Diced Tomato varieties! One lucky winner will take home an exciting entertainment package including: a Sony® 55” LED TV, Bose® home theater system and Sony® Blu-ray player (ARV $4,779.00 USD).
To enter the sweepstakes, follow these simples steps:
- Follow the Del Monte Brand on Pinterest
- Create a Pinterest board named “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off” and pin at least two (2) Del Monte Tomato Recipes from the “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off” Pinterest board and at least two (2) football entertaining ideas
- Register your Pinterest board to the Del Monte page from January 21st through February 15th to be entered into the Del Monte® Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes program
I was feeling inspired by all the great recipies I found on the Del Monte Tomato Kick-Off Sweeps Pin Board so I decided to make some South Western No-Mess Sloppy Joes, a recipe that I adapted from Richard's Sloppy Joe. I modified it to incorporate the Southwestern-Style Petite Cut Diced Tomato varieties I recently received and more.
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 (14.5 ounce) can of Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
1 1/4 cups ketchup
1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 can of refrigerated biscuits
2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeños
1 tablespoon liquid from pickled jalapeños
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
2. Return cooked beef to skillet, stir in tomatoes, ketchup, barbecue sauce, worcestershire sauce.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until sloppy joe mix has thickened.
4. Preheat oven to the temperature suggested on the biscuit packaging.
5. Flatten biscuits using your hands or a rolling pin.
6. Spoon some of the sloppy joe mix on top of a flat biscuit and add cheese (optional).
7. Fold the biscuit in half and press on the ends using your fingers ore a fork to create a seal.
8. Bake in oven for the amount of time as directed on the packaging.
My husband loves this recipe and I'm sure it's going to be a hit at the Super Bowl party we're going to attend!
What recipes are you looking forward to trying? Check out the Del Monte Pinterest board or my Pinterest Board here.
Del Monte has is offering one lucky reader a a $25 gift card plus two (2) cans of Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut® Diced Tomato varieties: Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies and Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies!
Disclosure: The Del Monte products, information and two gift packs have been provided by Del Monte.